Drive Me 2 is set to offer free services on Wednesday 1 April and Thursday 2 April 2020 to all seniors.
According to Drive Me 2’s Owner, Peter Papas, the company wanted to give back to the community, and help those most at risk during the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation.
“Drive Me 2 is offering free trips for seniors all day, on Wednesday 1 April and Thursday 2 April, in the Brisbane CBD and Gold Coast. Our team of professional, expert drivers is ready to help. Whether you need to pick up some prescription medications, visit the supermarket, or get to a doctor’s appointment, we can get you there and home.”
“Of course, in line with all Government health guidelines, we are in no way encouraging people to go out unless they absolutely have to. However, we recognise that some of the most vulnerable people in our communities are struggling to access the help they need at the moment.”
“We understand that, for many people, this is an unsettling and uncertain time. That is why, at Drive Me 2, we are going to extra lengths and taking additional health precautions to ensure that each trip with Drive Me 2 remains as safe and comfortable as possible.”
Drive Me 2 has always maintained exceptional hygiene standards and rigorous cleaning practices. We have also introduced increased measures to prevent spread of COVID-19, including:
- After each trip, vehicles are thoroughly wiped down with disinfectant; particularly seats, head rests and door handles
- Each vehicle is fitted with an air-conditioner cleaner each week that should remove 99.9% of airborne germs
- Tissues and hand sanitiser is provided in each vehicle
- Vehicles are washed daily
- In-vehicle reading material (such as magazines, flyers and brochures) has been removed
- Drivers are being carefully monitored for symptoms and have been strictly advised that they are to stay at home if there is even a slight chance they have contracted COVID-19; such as if they have been overseas recently, have had been in close contact with someone who has been overseas recently, or are displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- Social distancing guidelines will be adhered to as much as possible, including no handshaking
For more information, visit COVID-19 – Drive Me 2’s Commitment to Health and Safety.
To book a free trip on Wednesday 1 April and Thursday 2 April, simply: